Careers at AVI
The Software Engineer is responsible for the design, implementation, support and maintenance of the source code for a software application. The position involves collaborating with other functional groups such as Product Test to answer questions and issues concerning product functionality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Capable of taking a proposed change and creating a complete list of task items along with an estimate for each task. Actively participates in the review of requirements. Assists in the refinement and clarification of requirements.
- Participates in the creation of design documents where supplied components adequately communicate complex engineering issues, cover all possible side affects of the proposed change, and are well written for use by other functional groups.
- Capable of taking the requirements document along with the information prepared during software design to complete an assigned task with minimal supervision.
- Work with the development/test teams to ensure that information, knowledge, and the scope of new and expanded program functionality is understood and applied during the software development cycle.
- Troubleshoot problems reported by customers or Product Test.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Environment:
- BS degree in Computer Science or related discipline or an Associate degree in Computer Science or related discipline plus 5 years experience in a software development related field.
- Knowledge of various operating systems (Windows and Unix based) and networking.
- • Knowledge of programming languages (C/C++, Java, Objective-C, C#, etc.)
- Knowledge of object-oriented design and development principles is a plus.
- Knowledge of relational database products such as MySQL or Oracle is a plus.
- Must have the ability to multi-task and prioritize work appropriately.
- Must have the ability to work as a member of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Please send resume to : firstname.lastname@example.org
The National Defense Authorization Act of 2008 included
amendments to the FMLA which became effective January 16,
2009. Employees and qualified job applicant should review
their rights and responsibilities under the Family and
Medical Leave Act by viewing this link: